Caled Industries is a North American developer and manufacturer of specialty cleaning products for the professional dry cleaner and laundry. With over 75 years of experience in the cleaning industry, Caled provides business with the highest quality cleaning solutions that are also environmentally safe for you and your consumers.
- Cal and Ed Collie recognized a need for a high science detergent company. In 1931, Caled was incorporated to provide the industry with advanced cleaning products.
- Our parent company, Anscott Chemical Industries, Inc. was founded in 1960.
- In 1975, Anscott purchased the Signal Chemical Division of BASF Wyandotte.
- In 1978, we purchased Caled Chemical and gave Anscott the most advanced research and development background in the dry cleaning industry.
- In 1979, we made two more acquisitions...The Hypur® Division of Carborundum and AC Filter Division of General Motors. These additions gave Anscott the most advanced research cartridge filters and filter/distillation equipment in our industry.
- In the early 1980's, Caled teamed up with Dupont and became the exclusive marketing arm in the dry cleaning industry for Teflon® Rain & Stain Repellents, now known as Xpel™ Spray Applied and Barrier Finish...the best water and oil repellent in the world.
- In early 1990's Caled also worked with government and industry leaders to develop a new environmentally safe cleaning system using liquid carbon dioxide, The DryWash Cleaning System. For over 5 years we've worked side by side with the country's National research labs at Los Alamos and Raytheon Environmental as well as numerous leading equipment manufacturers to develop liquid carbon dioxide process.
- In 1996 Popular Science Magazine awarded Global Technologies, a joint venture of Caled for best environmental technology for our liquid carbon dioxide process.
- In 1999, we also developed Flame Fighter®, a flame retardant compound that is approved New York City Fire Department and State Fire Marshal for State of California.
- In 2002, Caled developed Hydroclene®, the most powerful hydrocarbon dry cleaning solvent for hydrocarbon machines.
- In 2003, Caled received exclusive rights from Lyondell to sell Impress®, a biodegradable propylene glycol ether-based solvent designed to be compatible with hydrocarbon machines.
Today, Caled is recognized as the national provider of specialty cleaning products and solutions for professional dry cleaning and laundry industries sold through our great distributions network. We are continually developing new alternative cleaning solutions that will give the highest quality cleaning products. Caled's goal is to keep a close ear to our industry and be creative and innovative to meet its customer and consumers needs.